How to select an executive coach?
- Look at the credentials. Ensure the person has desired qualification, experience and exposure.
- Look for personal chemistry or synergy. Its best to work with someone who understands you well.
- Proximity – While few sessions will be over video chat its recommended to choose a coach to whom you can reach out with out too much of a travel.
How much doe executive coaching cost?
- Coaching is a multi billion dollar industry worldwide.
- As per Harvard Business Review estimate, the median rate for an executive coach is $500 or Rs 35,000 per hour.
- Coaches normally enter in to a long term association on a six or 12-month engagement. Some do work on an hourly basis.
The Confidentiality aspect of Executive Coaching
- The matters of discussion are completely confidential between the coach and coachee and the mentor as the case may be.
- In case of organisation sponsored coaching , the concerned shall receive status updates.
- No other matter will be shared without the coachee’s permission.
What are the different phases of coaching?
- Executive coaching usually involves 5 progressive phases
- It starts with need profiling, goal setting, developmental planning, execution and review. The process is complete when the preset development goal is achieved.
- Typical duration of a coaching engagement is 6 to 12 months.
- In the case of C suite coaching, it can be longer association.
Who needs Executive Coaching?
- CEO’s andCXOs – It brings in synergy between organisational and personal goals so that both are achieved.
- Succession planning specially in family run businesses. It ensures the smooth transition to next generation with out compromising on core values and concepts that the organisation stands for.
- People who are transitioning in to a new job or a new role/responsibility in the same organisation.While C suite executives can hire their own coaches (usually CEOs or business owners), it’s ideal for companies to have coaching as part of EDP for high potential employees.A core employee, newly promoted (transition coaching) could be facing a number of challenges involving people relationships, technology assimilation, stake holder management. Being groomed for larger roles, support can go a long way in ensuring success.
What is Executive Coaching all about?
- Today’s business world is an opportunity and a challenge. Professionals go through personal and official growth needs. Always these can not be supported by those around.
- This brings in an opportunity to consult an executive coach. An executive coach like a sports coach helps an executive identify capabilities and harness it fully.
- A good coach is an experienced corporate professional with experience in different facets of business.
- The COACH works with the COACHE to help them perform at their best by creating self-awareness, clarifying developmental and achieving them.
Those interested may meet Sanjeev Thomas, Founder&CEO, ZEN Mentors LLP with prior appointment.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact: +91 88797 87852